Having been led, as we believe by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we do now in the presence of God, angels, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ. We commit therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to join together with other members to:
PROTECT THE UNITY OF OUR CHURCH
- By acting in love toward other members.
- By refusing to gossip.
- By following the leadership.
Rom 15:5-6; I Pet 1:22; Eph 4:29; Heb 13:17; I Tim 4:16
SHARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF OUR CHURCH
- By praying for its growth.
- By inviting the unchurched to attend.
- By warmly welcoming those who visit.
- By maturing in obedience to God.
- By sharing with others what Jesus has done for me.
Col 1:10; Matt 22:9; Eph 2:19; Jam 1:4; John 5:15
SERVE THE MINISTRY OF OUR CHURCH
- By discovering and using my gifts, talents, and abilities to further the work of God.
- By being equipped to serve with/by my pastors and other church leaders.
- By developing a servant’s heart.
I Pet 4:10; Eph 4:11-12; Ph 2:3-7
SUPPORT THE TESTIMONY OF OUR CHURCH
- By attending faithfully.
- By living a holy and righteous life as a witness to the world.
- By giving regularly to support the ministry of my church and missions.
Heb 10:25; Ph 1:27; 1 Cor 16:2; Lev 27:30